At the Information Experience and Accessibility Lab in the iSchool at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, we research how people may experience information differently in the context of human-computer interaction. This includes designing applications that are usable for all, including neurodiverse individuals and people with disabilities.
Our research includes:
- Usability and human-centered design
- Designing usable and useful health applications
- Creating experiential activities, such as games, to build disability and accessibility awareness
- Studying deceptive designs and implications they can have, particularly for people with disabilities
- Embodiment and how it relates to people’s information behavior